The Laser-Powered Cellulite and Body Shaping Solution
SmoothShapes XV treats the underlying causes of cellulite through a proprietary technology called Photomology®. It uses a combination of vacuum and massage while emitting both light (650 nm) and laser (915 nm) energy.
Cellulite is a common skin condition known for its dimpled appearance caused by enlarged fat cells trapped in an inflexible network of fibrous septae located in the subcutaneous layers of skin. It affects 85-98% of post-pubertal women. For years it was thought that cellulite occurred primarily due to obesity, excessive weight gain, lack of exercise and poor diet, but in actuality, this is not the case. The formation of cellulite is due to several genetic and physical factors that include hormones, vascular changes and connective tissue changes. Based on six years of scientific development, SmoothShapes® featuring Photomology® technology is designed to offer a new and innovative way to treat cellulite, safely and effectively, and achieve long-lasting results.
Cellulite is caused by the lessening elasticity of cells. Women, whose fat layers are separated vertically, as opposed to criss-crossing in men, allow for the herniation or dimpling. The SmoothShapes® process affects the mechanism of cellulite by combining Laser, Vacuuming and Rollers. This combination directly affects the permeability or sponginess of the cells allowing for the movement of fat to the lymphatic system.
The SmoothShapes® treatment protocol consists of 1 to 2 painless treatments for a total of 8 sessions. Many patients experience changes in their skin texture and firmness after as little as two treatments.
- Addresses the subcutaneous fat layer directly
- Non-Invasive, Dual Wavelength laser
- Deflates fat cells safely and painlessly
- Predictable results
How It Works
The platform vacuum component positions the skin for optimal laser and light penetration:
- The 915 nm laser penetrates tissue and is preferentially absorbed by lipids, causing a thermal effect at the treatment site.
- 650 light has been demonstrated to affect permeability of the adipocyte cell membranes, allowing treated fat to move into the interstitial space.
- The mechanical massage rollers aid in evacuating the expressed fat and fluids through the lymphatic system